14. Chili Chicken
- 350 gm boneless chicken, diced
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1/2 cup corn flour
- 1/2 tsp garlic paste
- 1/2 tsp ginger paste
- 1 Tbsp salt or to taste
- Oil for deep frying
- 2 cups onions, thickly sliced
- 2 tsp green chillies, thickly sliced (remove seeds if too hot)
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce (adjust according to strength)
- 2 Tbsp vinegar
- Green chillies, slit, for garnish
Mix together the chicken, egg, cornflour, ginger and garlic paste, 2 tsp salt, and enough water so that the chicken pieces are coated with the batter. Leave this for about 30 minutes.Heat oil in a wok or a pan and deep-fry the chicken pieces over high heat to begin with and then lower the flame. Fry until the chicken is cooked through. Drain on absorbent paper. Heat 2 Tbsp of oil in a wok, add onions and stir-fry over high heat until they are translucent.
Add the green chillies and saute for a minute. Add salt, soy sauce, vinegar, and the deep-fried chicken, and toss well. Serve hot garnished with the green chillies.