2. Hot-smoked salmon salad with a chilli lemon dressing
- 500 g new potato, halved
- 200 g pack asparagus tips
- 250 g bag mixed salad leaves (including young beetroot leaves and watercress)
- bunch each parsley and mint, leaves picked and roughly chopped
- 140 g radish, thinly sliced
- 8 x hot-smoked salmon steaks, skin removed
- 4 spring onions, sliced diagonally
For the dressing
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 125 ml olive oil
- 1 tsp wholegrain mustard
- 2 red chillies
Boil potatoes in salted water for 10 mins until tender, adding the asparagus tips for the final 2 mins of cooking. Drain and allow to cool. Whisk together the salad dressing ingredients. then season to taste.
In a large bowl, toss together the potatoes, asparagus, salad leaves, herbs and radishes. Add two-thirds of the dressing, thoroughly mix through the salad, then spread the salad over a large platter. Break the hot-smoked salmon into large chunks, then scatter over the top along with the spring onions. Finish by pouring remaining dressing over the top.