3. Corn cakes
- 2 1/2 cups fresh corn kernels (about 5 ears)
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup yellow or white cornmeal
- 1 (8-oz.) package fresh mozzarella cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
Pulse first 4 ingredients in a food processor 3 to 4 times or just until corn is coarsely chopped. Stir together flour and next 5 ingredients in a large bowl; stir in corn mixture just until dry ingredients are moistened.
Spoon 1/8 cup batter for each cake onto a hot, lightly greased griddle or large nonstick skillet to form 2-inch cakes (do not spread or flatten cakes). Cook cakes 3 to 4 minutes or until tops are covered with bubbles and edges look cooked. Turn and cook other sides 2 to 3 minutes.