11. Pancakes With Maple Syrup
- 300 g (2 cups) self-raising flour
- Pinch of salt
- 500 ml (2 cups) milk
- 2 eggs
- 60 g butter, melted
- Melted butter, extra, to grease
- 2 x 250g punnets strawberries, washed, hulled, halved, to serve
- Maple syrup, to serve
- 120 g butter, at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
Sift the flour and salt into a large bowl. Make a well in the centre. Whisk together the milk and eggs in a large jug. Add the milk mixture to the flour mixture, whisking constantly until a smooth batter forms. Stir in the butter. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 30 minutes to rest.
Meanwhile, to make the maple syrup butter, use an electric beater to beat the butter in a medium bowl until pale and creamy. Add the maple syrup and beat until well combined.